Forum is an awareness and communication training for groups of 12 to 50 participants. It is an artistic way of personal sharing; a stage for whatever is happening inside ourselves. Here our true motivations, our deep feelings, longings,Â ideas and emotionsÂ become “public”. This focus on transparency, sharing and clarifying unsolved situations makes it an invaluable catalyst for ones own growth. Forum is a personal process in a social context.
Because we believe that each of our personal issues are exemplars of a general human issue, Forum elevates these personal issues, by putting them into a common human stage. ( http://gen.ecovillage.org/iservices/publications/articles/ZEGG%20Forum%20PM40.pdf )
We will explore and experience the basic issues involved in community implementation. During our courses we will practice different methods of creative communication with an emphasis on the ZEGG Forum process.Â This process work acts on the inner level to feel ourselves deeper and to learn to let the others see what is inside us and receive their feedback. In short: we raise inner awareness and create transparency.Â It can be used for staff training, for resolving conflicts by making them more open and transparent. It can also be used to grow personally in the mirror of others. Forum creates a space to experience social communication in a more intimate atmosphere of trust.
In our experience trust is the key and the glue that keeps community together. Trust is created when processes in the community are transparent and understandable for all involved.
Empowerment happens for all involved with every person who shares his/her deep feelings and motivations in the center of a group’s attention. The more we learn to support each other in this openness the more the whole group grows in solidarity. And the more we open up we can learn that our our permeability is our greatest protection.
The universal communication of future communities seems to be a gentle and fearless contact between all beings of creation.
You are invited to learn to:
- get to know the method of Forum and its underlying ideas/world view
- learn to allow others and yourself to see what is inside you
- train group communication skills
- train deep inner listening and awareness
- learn to walk your talk
- Presentation and information of the Global Ecovillage Movement (basically ecovillages in Europe)
- Information about sustainable livestyles, ecological building and retrofitting techniques, permaculture ideas
- ZEGG presentation
- Healing in relationships (love, sexuality, partnership)
- Introduction to Spiral Dynamics
- Deep ecology exercises inspired by Joanna Macy
- Introduction to Collective Intelligence and systems theory
Forum was developed as a method – and a space for the community to come together, during ZEGG’s own community